At Sullivan Solar Power, Our Focus is on Safety
At Sullivan Solar Power, workplace safety takes top priority. Sullivan Solar Power customers can rest assured that all our members, including our installation and maintenance crews, receive ongoing safety training and strictly follow all safety procedures and policies. Click here to read more about Sullivan Solar Power's safety policy.
A Proven Track Record of Customer Satisfaction
Sullivan Solar Power is one of California's top solar power companies and is the top solar company based in San Diego County, serving all of Southern California. Sullivan Solar is responsible for installing more solar power systems in San Diego than any other locally owned and headquartered company. We are your Southern California regional provider of turnkey solar power design and installation services. Whether your home, business or other project is in San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, or Riverside counties, Sullivan has an office close by to serve your needs. Sullivan Solar Power has installed over 19,685,400 watts of solar power systems in Southern California, ranging from small scale residential systems to large scale commercial systems. No matter how big or complicated your solar project is, Sullivan Solar Power has the members, training and equipment to deliver results. Click here to see our portfolio of past solar energy installation projects to learn more about our work.
Solar power customers should be careful to do their research and choose their solar contractor with care. Many new firms have jumped into the booming solar power market, including some who have limited experience and training in solar power. Still, many of these inexperienced companies claim they have years of solar power experience, so consumers should be careful to check their references and then call Sullivan for experienced and dedicated sales and service.
The Best Products and Customer Service
At Sullivan Solar Power, the systems we install stand out above the rest. We carefully monitor, in real time, the production of each solar power system we design and install. That means you can rest easy knowing that your system is always operating at the optimal level and providing you and your family with the most clean, green solar power it can.
While other solar power companies claim to monitor system production, we actually do it. Therefore, we know what products work best in a variety of location and conditions. Using our experience and extensive data, we can help determine the best solar power equipment for your project's individual needs. In this ever-growing market, there are many claims of superior quality and efficiency tossed around. By partnering with Sullivan Solar Power, you will know that the solar power systems we design, install and maintain actually produce what they are supposed to produce.
Professionally Trained Personnel
Sullivan Solar Power's crews are dedicated and experienced in the electrical contracting industry. As a company, we bring more than 40 years of combined field experience to our projects, which helps to insure that our customers’ needs are addressed with the highest level of quality and expertise. We have installed solar projects in every major jurisdiction in Southern California and are thoroughly familiar with applicable local codes and requirements. We are not learning on your project and we do not hire cheap labor to perform our installations. We employ only State Licensed Electricians who are proficient with solar power system installation practices and have received more than 5,000 hours of classroom related study. Our electricians are thoroughly versed in jobsite safety and code requirements and are members of a drug-free workforce.
In addition to the aforementioned training of our electricians, every person in the company is required to secure a NABCEP entry level certificate of knowledge within their first 6 months of employment. This includes Administrators, Project Managers, Community Developers and even IT personnel. Likewise, all Project Developers must secure their NABCEP technical sales certificate within one year of hiring. Members must also secure their OSHA 10 hour safety certification, and complete at least 32 hours of training each year to improve their skillsets.
To supplement the training we provide our members, Sullivan Solar Power has developed its in-house Sullivan University program as an ongoing commitment to help our team live in a perpetual state of improvement and rise to our individual and collective potential. The Sullivan University program is a structured classroom environment where our senior members teach junior staff. This allows the company's vast collective intelligence to be carried from generation to generation of Sullivan Solar Power personnel. As is represented by the color gold in our company coat of arms, Sullivan Solar Power is committed to the elevation of the minds of its members, and the communities it serves.
Sullivan Solar Power is a solar power design-build firm. We do not outsource or sublet any portion of project delivery. We have designed systems for the:
- City of San Diego
- City of Chula Vista
- San Diego Gas and Electric
- San Diego Sate University
- University of California, San Diego
- San Diego City College
- Port of San Diego
- City of Santee
- City of Highland
- Santa Fe College
- Long Beach City College
- Los Angeles Harbor College
- Port of Long Beach
- Academy of Our Lady of Peace
- California Department of Forestry
- Navy Facilities Engineering Command
- and multiple ENR 400 companies
Given the organizations we have worked for, Sullivan Solar Power is a proven reliable and reputable solar company. We are among the most qualified solar design-build firms in the State of California and we look forward to helping deliver your project with the utmost expertise and professionalism. We can assist any architectural firm, general contractor, general electrical contractor, engineering firm, business owner and homeowner alike.
We are your solution from CONCEPT TO COMPLETION.
We retain strong relationships with solar power manufacturers and suppliers to insure we procure our equipment in a timely manner so we can bring your system online faster than our competitors.
Locally Owned and Operated
Sullivan Solar Power is owned and operated by Daniel Sullivan. Daniel Sullivan is a State Licensed Master Electrician with over a decade of field experience. Born and raised in San Diego, Mr. Sullivan established Sullivan Solar Power to offer Southern California a Solar Power Solutions Provider that can deliver. Unlike the competition, based in Northern California and elsewhere, Sullivan Solar Power's offices are located in San Diego, Irvine, Riverside and San Francisco with an additional office opening in Los Angeles to allow us to service San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and Imperial Counties. Sullivan Solar Power has managed tens of millions of watts from solar power installations in San Diego. We are your local company with a long reach!
Awards and Achievements
Sullivan Solar Power is a nationally ranked firm and has received numerous awards for being one of the most sought after, fastest growing firms in the United States. Our awards are listed below:
- Certificate of Accreditation Recipient by The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) 2014
- #13 in Best Places to Work in San Diego by San Diego Business Journal 2014
- County of San Diego California Honoring 10th Anniversary Proclaiming June 30th Sullivan Solar Power Day
- E.A.R.T.H. (Environmental Action and Restoration That Helps) Award Recipient by San Diego EarthWorks 2014
- #2669 in Fastest Growing Private Companies in America by Inc. 5000 2014
- Fastest Growing Private Companies in San Diego Finalist by San Diego Business Journal 2014
- Largest Alternative Energy Supplier in San Diego by San Diego Business Journal 2013
- Daniel Sullivan, Founder and President, named Most Admired CEO by San Diego Business Journal 2013
- Sandra Brown, Accounting Manager, named CFO of the Year Finalist by San Diego Business Journal 2013
- Erica Jonhson, Director, Community Relations and Development named Women Who Mean Business Finalist by San Diego Business Journal 2013
- Michael Chagala, Director, Information Technology named Information Technology Executive of the Year Finalist by San Diego Business Journal 2013
- #84 Fastest Growing Private Companies in San Diego by San Diego Business Journal 2013
- Super Service Award Recipient by Angie's List 2013
- Silver Medal in Clean Energy Generation by W3 Awards 2013 for sullivansolarpower.com website design
- Silver Medal in Construction by W3 Awards 2013 for sullivansolarpower.com website design
- #10 in Energy by Inc. Hire Power Awards 2013
- #2937 Fastest Growing Companies in U.S. by Inc. Magazine 2013, #77 in Top 100 Energy Companies, #61 in San Diego Metro Area
- Erica Johnson, Director, Community Relations and Development named Women Who Move the City Finalist by San Diego Magazine 2013
- Community Leadership Award by San Diego North Chamber of Commerce 2013
- Outstanding Emerging Business of the Year by San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce 2013
- Daniel Sullivan, President and Founder, named Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist by Ernst & Young 2013
- #3 Best Solar Company by U-T's Best of San Diego
- #74 Top 250 Solar Contractors in the U.S. by Solar Power World 2013
- Small Business of the Year by San Diego North Chamber of Commerce 2012
- Daniel Sullivan, President and Founder, named Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist by Ernst & Young 2012
- Daniel Sullivan, President and Founder, named Top Influential Leader in San Diego by San Diego Daily Transcript
- Daniel Sullivan, President and Founder, named in San Diego's Top 40 Leaders Under the Age of 40 by SD METRO Magazine
- #1102 Fastest Growing Companies in U.S. by Inc. Magazine 2012, #38 in Top 100 Energy Companies, #22 in San Diego Metro Area
- Daniel Sullivan, President and Founder, named Most Admired CEO Finalist by San Diego Business Journal
- #42 Fastest Growing Private Companies in San Diego by San Diego Business Journal
- Daniel Sullivan, President and Founder, named Super Service Award Recipient by Angie's List 2012
- #51 Top 100 Solar Contractors List by Solar Power World
- #2 Best Solar Company by U-T's Best of San Diego
- Outstanding Emerging Business Finalist by San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce
- #744 Fastest Growing Companies in U.S. by Inc. Magazine 2011, #22 in Top 100 Energy Companies
- #21 Fastest Growing Private Companies by San Diego Business Journal 2011
- Super Service Award Recipient by Angie's List 2011
- #3 Best Solar Company by U-T's Best of San Diego
- #718 Fastest Growing Companies in U.S. by Inc. Magazine 2010, #26 in Top 100 Energy Companies
- #6 Fastest Growing Private Companies by San Diego Business Journal 2010
- Family Owned and Closely Held Finalist by San Diego Business Journal
- 8th Largest Solar Firm in California by California Solar Initiative data
- Largest Firm in San Diego Gas and Electric Territory by California Solar Initiative data
- Top Ten Solar Firm in Southern California Edison Territory by California Solar Initiative data
- Top Solar Firm in San Diego for 3 consecutive years by California Solar Initiative data
- A+ Better Business Bureau Rating across over 1000 customers
- Elite Dealer and Top Sunpower Dealer in Southern California per CSI data Recognition by Sunpower 2011
- Top Family Owned Businesses in San Diego Recognition by San Diego Business Journal
- We are a licensed C-10 contractor. Therefore, we are able to deliver on all aspects of your solar power project.
- All aspects of project delivery are done under the supervision of Daniel Sullivan, Chris Gleed and Sean Mazelli, each of whom carry a NABCEP certification. This is the highest level of certification for solar power system installers in the United States.
- We are an FST monitor certified installer. We monitor system production on all the systems we sell. We have developed California’s largest FST solar power monitoring network.
- We have installed over 19,685,400 watts of solar power installations in Southern California.
- General Liability to $2mil, Workers Comp to $2mil, Commercial Auto to $2mil, Professional Liability to $2mil
- Combined company experience in the electrical contracting industry: In excess of 50 years.
We would love to get in touch with you about bringing solar to Carlsbad schools. We have done many, many, solar installations on educational institutions including UCSD, SDSU, Los Angeles Harbor College, San Diego City College, Hoover High School, Pacific Ridge Elementary... we would love to share our vision with you. Our purpose is to change the way the world generates energy. We only need to educate people in order to get them on board with solar. We don't have salespeople, we have Project Developers and they educate, not sell. We will get in touch with you right away and find the best way to move forward.
Sullivan Solar Power
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
I would like to make an appointment with Mr Sullivan to discuss bringing solar to public schools in Carlsbad, CA. As a Rotarian, member of the Proposition P oversight Committee, that monitors public funds for the facility and technology upgrades of Carlsbad Unified School District. I have found obstacles that are getting in the way of bringing the solar benefits to our schools. No sales reps please.
Monday, June 23, 2014
Great question, zero percent of the solar panels installed were made in China and our solar installations are ARRA and/or Buy American Act compliant. We use high quality American-made products (with warranties) to support our economy at the local and national levels. The Camp Pendleton solar power installations are Buy American Act compliant, please visit the Portfolio section of our website and browse our Commerical Installations for specifics about these projects!
Sullivan Solar Power
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Reference Camp Pendleton Solar Panels. What % (if any) of installed solar panels were made in China? When installing on government facilities do you take into consideration "Buy American" or "Made in the U.S.A. nationally promoted programs?
Manfred von Borks, Sc.D.
Friday, July 05, 2013
Thanks for your inquiry David! We do not currently have a referral program for resellers. The reason is our reputation means everything to us; we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and an outstanding relationship with the communities we service. Allowing another company to represent us puts this reputation at risk. Although we have every reason to believe Sierra Nevada Solar is a reputable company, this just isn’t something we can facilitate at this time. Thanks!
Sullivan Solar Power
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Great! Happy to see a company putting safety first - literally the first thing on this page! Safe employees means happy employees.
Friday, November 30, 2012