San Diego Solar Program Gives Bright Gift to Region
In April of 2012 Sullivan Solar Power launched the largest solar program to date in San Diego County - the San Diego Solar Program. The comprehensive program resulted in the largest collective deployment of residential solar power in San Diego County's history.
"The San Diego Solar Program is a game changer for those residents who have wanted to go solar but thought it was too expensive," said Daniel Sullivan, founder and president of Sullivan Solar Power, "We developed this program to allow homeowners to go solar and get paid to do so without the need for home equity or spending a dime out of pocket."
More than 300 San Diegans signed up to partake in the San Diego Solar Program and were compelled to install 1,904,283 watts of clean, renewable, solar-powered energy in the region. Sullivan Solar Power assessed the cash-back incentives to be about $800,000 that was rewarded to local homeowners who signed up to assert energy independence. The San Diego Solar program permitted San Diego County residents the chance to obtain incentives that double the present California Solar Initiative (CSI) state rebate amount, equal to $2,500. There were three stages of funding, which ended on December 31, 2012.
Testimonials from San Diego Solar Program participants:
"The entire project went very smoothly and all of the Sullivan Solar Power staff were very helpful and professional. I believe we have a good relationship," said San Diego residents Brian and Cindy Gowland.
"The Sullivan Solar Power team is very professional, on time, and works hard. I'm happy with my system," said Pacific Beach resident Jonathan Finch.
"The entire experience was not only pleasant but at no time did I feel pressured to purchase the product/service," said Carlsbad resident Oliver Feldhausen.
"Sullivan Solar Power was a terrific group to work with and we would highly recommend them," said Carlsbad residents Robert and Laura Foster.
"Sullivan Solar Power has very good customer support and the system works as advertised, even on cloudy days!" said San Diego resident Greg Grinaker.
"With no money out of pocket, we now have become part of the solution to our country's energy problem," said San Diego resident Preston Gable.
Learn more about the San Diego Solar Program by reading news articles that were featured in various publications:
- Countywide Solar Program Launched in San Diego to Offer Incentives Greater than State Rebate (April 4, 2012)
- San Diego Solar Program to Pay Participants to Go Solar (April 27, 2012)
- San Diego's Solar Program Kicks Off Informational Luncheons (May 2, 2012)
- San Diego Solar Program Second Phase of Funding Opens After a Successful First Phase (June 1, 2013)
- Sullivan Solar Shines in San Diego (June 27, 2012)
- Sullivan Solar Power Launches the Final Phase of Funding for the San Diego Solar Program (October 20, 2012)
- Sullivan Solar Power Announces Close of Its Countywide Solar Rebate Program (December 28, 2012)