The Academy of Our Lady of Peace was founded in 1882 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. Sullivan Solar Power helped the historic San Diego Catholic girls high school keep up with the times by installing a 29.5 kilowatt solar power system. The system was installed on the roof of gymnasium so as not to interfere with classes or other campus activities during the installation. The schoolęs solar energy system consists of 156 Sharp solar modules and three inverters to convert the direct current electricity from the sun into alternating current electricity to power the academy buildings. The solar panels are mounted on standing seam clamps. The school paid cash for the solar energy system, providing for a savings of $2,821 in the first year of operation and more than $102,000 over the next 25 years.
Academy of Our Lady of Peace Catholic School has joined the Sullivan Solar Power solar energy revolution!
This Catholic Diocese solar power installation is generating clean, renewable electricity directly from the sun’s rays, saving Academy of Our Lady of Peace Catholic School money and helping preserve the natural beauty of Catholic Diocese.