St. Brigid Parish: San Diego Commercial Solar Power
St. Brigidęs parish was founded in 1940 in the Pacific Beach neighborhood of the city of San Diego. Through the years, the church community has grown to also incorporate an academy, which provides valuable education from pre-school through high school and into adulthood.
Sullivan Solar Power installed a 37,196W-AC solar energy system on a roof of the church campus, which is designed to offset 94 percent of the four electric meters located onsite. The Parish elected to purchase the 127 solar panels and three inverters in the system and save $639,019 over the next 25 years.
In addition to enjoying the financial and environmental benefits of going solar, the Parish also was able to replace the existing roof, which was near the end of its life, and pay for both the solar power system and the roof with the electric bill savings in less than eight years.